ADModify funcionality request

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:12 PM
Hi,
ADModify is really powerfull tool, but it lacks a very simple funcionality - I found no option to specify a LIST of objects I would like to modify. On the first screen, I can select user, group contact, OU or whatever I like, but if I have couple thousands of user objects in one OU, then selecting a particular one is very difficult.
I had a task once to modify about 80 groups with one single attribute, I had a list of CN's. Those groups were in OU with many many thousands of other groups, so I was unable to select the ones I was interested in.
Please upgrade the tool with new funcionality, so the user can specify a list of CN's, DN's or whatever he like, and then eventually filter them with LDAP query (or add some more objects to the list with LDAP filter).

Thank you in advance
Patryk
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2007 at 8:35 PM
I'm not sure what you mean, the tool already contains a custom LDAP filter. As far as searching for and finding user objects, its just as extensible as ad users and computers or ldp.
Aug 27, 2007 at 11:45 AM
Edited Aug 27, 2007 at 11:46 AM
Hi,
My point is to have an option to select an attribute and specify a list of values. If talking about the previous "groups" example.

Group1,Group2,Group3,Group4 (so its comma,semicolon or line-break delimited).
Then in a window I can specify that Im providing a list of CN's/DN's/First Names/Custom Attribute and the tool can create an appropriate LDAP filter, so I don't need to specify LDAP filter myself
(|(cn=Group1)(cn=Group2)(cn=Group3).... which can be quite hard when I have a list of 100 groups/users .

Would you kindly consider upgrading the tool ?
Regards