Copy attribute from one field to another?

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:12 AM
we repurposed the company field several years ago when we upgraded to an AD environment to include other data in the user account making the assumption that we are all in the same company, so we would never use that field. Of course things change...

is there a way to copy all the data from one field to another? for instance: for each user, copy the value of the "company" field to the "web address" field. I know afterwards I can re-run it and null or replace the company field with legit data so thats easy.

is that possible or am I going to have to slug through an LDIF export/change/import?

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:20 AM
Scratch that. If I would have used my noodle, I would have realized I already knew how to do that.

Thanks anyway... LOVE the product. you are a lifesaver!

Mar 6, 2009 at 3:28 AM
Ok, I went to do it again, and apparently I have forgotten again and am not so lucky to recall the fix from last year.

I am trying to copy from the company field to another, and thought I could put in the varible %Company% in the destination field, but I just end up with "Company" in the destination field instead of the original company value when all is said and done.

Anyone?
Mar 6, 2009 at 4:13 AM

To create my own personal wayback machine when this comes up again… I was using %company% variable instead of %’company’%... (I forgot the ‘ qualifiers).